Are you a true financial mastermind? Do you love it when everything adds up? Are you open for a broad role at a never boring innovative SaaS Scale up? Then this could be your next job!
As financial accountant you’re responsible for accounting and reporting of 4 legal entities based in several countries (NL, UK and US). You make sure accounts payable, accounts receivable, month-end closing process and annual audit run smoothly.
You’re part of a finance team of 4 administrators and controllers and work together as a sparring partner and back-up. You’re proactive and eager to work and learn in a fast paced SAAS environment. You will report directly to the CFO.
- Streamlining the purchase to pay process across all operating companies.
- Streamline and own the intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
- Daily processing of all cash transactions.
- Responsible for the general ledger accounting of 3 international operating companies.
- Coordination and execution of the month end closing activities of the entities according to closing schedule by performing a variety of accounting tasks related to fixed asset accounting, balance sheet reconciliations, consolidation, payroll journals, intercompany transactions
- Taking ownership of the balance sheet accounts and reconciling these accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring VAT transactions are properly accounted for and recorded. Preparing quarterly VAT filings for both NL and UK.
- Preparing documentation for annual reporting in the Netherlands, UK and US.
- Identifying country specific legal & statutory requirements (e.g. content, format, filing due dates, penalties) relating to tax and accounting and coordinating activities to comply with them (with the help of external accountants and tax advisors), including VAT, wage tax, sales tax and corporate income tax.
- Assisting in maintaining various systems (like Exact, Basecone and several payments portals) and processes while providing ongoing process improvement recommendations and development of automated systems.
- Solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of situations in a continuously changing environment.
- Lead the annual financial audit process.
- Assisting with accounting matters and providing back-up within the finance team
- You are flexible and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast changing SAAS environment.
Proactive, highly organized and a hands-on mentality - you love to "get things done"!
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, organized and accurate.
- Strong problem solving skills, research and resolution skills.
- Good communication (verbal and written); great interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Capable and willing to boost career towards (Group) Financial Controller.
- Good knowledge of general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and financial processes.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Exact Online.
- Minimum of 10 years of financial accounting experience, preferably within an international SAAS environment.
- Experience with local and international taxes is a pré
- Professional level of knowledge of modern accounting practices and systems.
- Accounting degree, at least Bachelor level.
Interested in learning more about this great opportunity? Check out http://jobs.foleon.com/financial-accountant/ to see this vacancy made with Foleon!